Ethos and Mission
our school motto is
"let your light shine"
Our intent is to provide an aspirational and enriching education, motivated by our Christian foundation to extend the love of God within a supportive, inclusive community, where each person is known, valued and enabled to flourish; to explore and develop their God given talents, to engage with the world of today and to build a resilient and visionary hope for tomorrow rooted in joy, integrity wisdom and compassion.
In particular, we aim to inspire and nurture:
- a love of learning, creativity, and an enquiring mind
- academic excellence, personal development and spiritual awareness
- aspirations. knowledge, skills and attributes in preparation for future studies and career pathways
- a sense of responsibility, self–confidence, self–worth and the resilience to overcome life’s challenges
- integrity, emotional intelligence, compassion and respect for others
- appreciation of different cultures, religions and points of view
- a desire to serve and to make a positive contribution to society
Our vision and ethos guides our approach to all aspects of school life and sits within the vision of The Green School Trust.